Moving into a tiny house, you carefully consider all the stuff you will need to get rid of. You think through your kitchenware, your needless trinkets (all that shit that sits on you bookshelves other than books), and of course your wardrobe. I didn’t really think about all the items in my beauty regimen until we moved in.
I wouldn’t necessarily call myself ‘high maintenance’ but I do enjoy trying out beauty products and had a few too many of the little indulgences that can go with that. From my skincare to makeup I quickly realized I had more than what there was room for. On top of that I realized that my morning routine took a bit more time than I thought was necessary- especially when we found out we were having twins, I knew I was going to need to cut out some products to save both space and time!
So here is my run down of what I currently use. I especially love a product that I can use in multiple ways like the Clinique Chubby Stick Cheek Color Balm(I use Amp’d Up Apple) that can be used as both blush and lip color. I am also looking for ways to green up my routine like using these reusable cotton rounds instead of cotton balls.
Make Up Bag:
- Dr Jart’s BB Cream- just a hint of color to even out your skin. It’s water based so if you don’t have time to wash it off at night, it’s not such a big deal.
- Cover FX cream concealer in Light- perfect to cover dark under eye circles from sleepless, baby-filled nights!
- Clinique Chubby Stick Cheek Color Balm in Amp’d Up Apple- use for both cheek and lip color.
- Benefit Give Me Brow in Medium- I have plenty of brow but this helps to keep them tame and even.
- Lancome Mascara Base– It’s a little pricey and unnecessary, but I HATE clumpy lashes and this helps to condition and separate before you apply mascara. If I was forced to cut one product from my list this would be the most frivolous.
- Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara- Like I said, I hate clumpy lashes…
I have a few extra products I keep on hand for when I have a special event and can do the full makeup party or if my skin is a little oily and I want to use more powdered products. My favorites are Origins Powder Foundation, Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion, and Benefit They’re Real Push Up Eyeliner.
- Olay Face Wipes and Toner- Although I will probably move away from the Daily Facials in the future for sustainability reasons, I have used these for years and love the way they scrub your face clean and can also remove stubborn eye makeup. They are also great for travel because they are dry clothes and you wet them when you are ready to wash your face. The toner has been my go to for years and I use it with re-usable cotton rounds.
- Clinique Eye Cream Rich– I have used this for years and love how moisturized it makes my eyes feel. I also use it for the occasional dry spot on the rest of my face.
- Origins Creams- I use High Potency Night-a-mins at night (I use the version with oil because my skin likes the moisture but there is an oil free option) and Ginzing in the morning which smell great and invigorating.
- Peter Thomas Roth Lashes To Die For Turbo Nighttime Eyelash Treatment– Not technically skincare but part of my nighttime routine. This stuff is pricey but really works and lasts for a while. Sometimes there is not time or need for makeup and it’s nice to have lush lashes all on your on!
- Neutrogena Hand Cream– I use this on my hands ALL THE TIME. When you are busy washing your hands and bottles with babies just a little bit of this stuff goes a long way to restore moisture!